Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blogging in the 3rd person

I mention this in the beginning of the blog...referring to myself in the 3rd person. I was asked about it in a very sweet email from a fan of my Eating to Live, Not the Alternative Facebook cause page: http://www.facebook.com/Eating.Living ...so, I thought I would expand.

I truly feel a seperation from myself and my eating disordered self...its almost like split personalities. I feel like an entirely different person when I'm having a "bad" day versus a "good" day. It is easier for me to speak of her as someone separate from myself because I feel she is truly another person. Her obsessive tendencies compared to my go with the flow attitude; her depressive outlook compared to my positive, self-actualizing outlook; her fake smile compared to mine aglow; her timid voice compared to mine in confidence ...its all so different. Like a she compared to a ME.



[stay tuned for another blog on the phenomenological view of a "bad" day vs a "good" day for her].

No comments:

Post a Comment