Monday, April 11, 2011

A life altering evening of Eating to Live...

I went to a beautiful wedding this weekend. It was full of fun and great looking people and a very active DJ & entertainment group. There was a lot of fun to be had...! As I sat through dinner service, I had a realization. I was Eating to Live, NOT the alternative. What an experience for her to have...such a breakthrough.

This was so amazing to me, I had to write about it right then and there at that very dinner table, #5. This is what I wrote, right in that moment:


I feel different tonight, I don't feel like "her". Not at all. My food is sitting there, and it's not in my concentration. The night is, the handsome man sitting next to me is, the beauty of the wedding is, life is. Right now, right here...she is Eating to Live and NOT living to eat, the alternative.

Amazing...simply profound...

I'm not here to eat. I'm not here to be "her". I'm here to be ME. Finally. I'm here, not "her". It's so nice to
finally be right here, smiling.


(Shout out to my iPhone "Notes"...without it which many of my most meaningful, real, spur-of-the-moment thoughts would be forgotten and left unshared!)

No comments:

Post a Comment