Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The end of a new beginning...

What an amazing end to a new beginning I had yesterday...

I began the pursuit of my master's degree at the University of South Florida about 16 weeks ago. The timing, although I have a hard time accepting it, was perfect. I had finally brought myself into a better functioning place, physically, emotionally and psychologically and I was so ready to come back to my alma mater and really do this this time.

The beginning of my journey started on Tuesday, January 4th at 9:30am with Dr. D and 12 other (fabulous) women. I felt a mix of emotions but, peace took precedence. It just felt right...cliche, I know, but simply true. Over the last 15 weeks, we have discussed counseling theories aplenty and real life galore. And, it has been nothing short of glorious. These circle-set discussions are nothing like the lecture instruction you expect in a classroom, thank God. This intimate educational yet personal space has transformed me. It all came to an end yesterday...

We took an hour of final class time to reflect as a group, because that's what we are and have become. A group full of individuals, NOT individuals in a group. We have all connected to each other in some way. Unlike most semester long classes, I can actually say I know each one of these ladies in some kind of a uniquely personal way. And, they know me. As we reflected, Dr D. allowed us to speak to each other, one person looking and speaking to one other person at a time. We all observed and engaged and took in and appreciated each others kind thoughts, as per the usual.

I sat there in complete humbleness. I was looked at and I was spoken to, numerous times. Beautiful things were said in that circle yesterday; I was humbled and cherished every statement directed at me. What a beautiful thing...women actually looking at each other and simply saying nice things, out loud, with no other mission but to show appreciation for one another. The world would be a better place if that happened more often...

A common theme of testimony so kindly given to me was that my openness in sharing is appreciated and overall moving. Wow. I have spoken, raw and truly, and it moved someone...? That is amazing and beyond flattering. To think, the thing I want to do most in life...inspire, touch and move lives...I have been doing this whole time. This is the thing I undoubtedly call peace and fulfilling contentment. And, I wasn't even trying...I didn't even know. Humbleness...extraordinary humbleness.

To the ladies I am referring to, you all definitely know who you are. I have been blessed...God has blessed me with you all and with this new beginning. In reflection of my path to readily getting here, I wouldn't change a thing. With every past and passing moment, good or bad, I have been arduously but sacredly prepared.

Now, I know. I know my path and now, I understand it. He has lit it for me with bright lamps and He has situated me in the best surrounding, with the best people, in the best program, at the best University (Go Bulls!), and at the very best time. I am very much so obliged.

Psalm 119:99, 105 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment